FAIS invites AI researchers, practitioners, and enthusiasts at large in Finland to join the society as members. Note, however, that FAIS membership requires by default Finnish nationality or residency in Finland (with a Finnish ID number). Residents / nationals of other countries may consider joining their own local AI society when applicable.
As a FAIS member, you will
- automatically become a member of EurAI,
- have the right to vote and influence the activities of FAIS,
- can suggest proposals for EurAI Fellows and nominate AI PhD theses made recently in Finland for EurAI Dissertation Awards,
- are entitled to EurAI membership benefits announced separately (e.g., discounts on ECAI conference registration fees),
- receive announcements related to the FAIS activities.
FAIS membership fees are decided on a yearly basis. At the moment (per decision of the Autumn 2021 General Assembly), membership is free to individuals.
In case you wish to become a member of FAIS, please use this form.
In case you represent an organization interested in an institutional membership, please contact the FAIS Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.