Call for papers - STeP 2008
STeP 2008 is the 13th Finnish Artificial Intelligence Conference and will be held in the Helsinki University of Technology and Nokia Research Center, Finland, on August 20-22. The first day consists of conference talks, and the second and third day are for the Nokia Workshop on Machine Consciousness.
Contributions (4-8 pages, double column) are invited on any topic in Artificial Intelligence. The first day is divided into two parallel sessions: one for general AI topics, and another for a special session on the semantic web. Work in progress and recently published work is also welcome, as long as there are no copyright conflicts.
The papers will be published in the Proceedings of the Finnish Artificial Intelligence Conference (STeP 2008), Espoo, Finland, Publications of the Finnish Artificial Intelligence Society, August 2008. The proceedings will appear both in printed form and in the web.
The conference will be co-organized by the Finnish Artificial Intelligence Society, Nokia Research Center, and by the Helsinki University of Technology.
4 August: Early registration deadline
10 August: Deadline for paper submission (4-8 pages double column)
20 August: Conference sessions at Helsinki University of Technology
21-22 August: NOKIA Workshop on Machine Consciousness, Ruoholahti
Prof. Igor Aleksander
Hugo Gravato Marques
Raúl Arrabales Moreno
Emmanuel Lesser/ Charles Jorgensen
- Tapani Raiko, Helsinki University of Technology (Chair)
- Pentti Haikonen, Nokia Research Center
- Harri Valpola, Helsinki University of Technology
- Jukka Kortela, Artificial Intelligence Technologies, University of Oulu
- Iina Aaltonen , Helsinki University of Technology
- Matti Miettinen, RD-Tech
- Kim Viljanen, Helsinki University of Technology
- Eetu Mäkelä, Helsinki University of Technology
- Peter Bougdanos, Pegasus Capital Management Ltd
- Jaakko Väyrynen , Helsinki University of Technology
The first day will be held at Helsinki University of Technology, in Espoo, Finland, 15 minutes by bus from central Helsinki and 20 minutes by taxi from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. The second and third days will be held at Nokia Research Center in Ruoholahti, Helsinki.